Sunday, November 28, 2010

couple of my own






This sketch was done during the time I was making the first version of my luminaire.  This is originally how I was planning on holding my bulb in place.




I dropped my mouse the other day.  That's when I thought, "Well, that's kinda funny looking. Ima draw it!"





Metal is actually one of my favorite textures to draw.  It took a while, but by layering light pencil strokes, I was able to get the smoothness that exemplifies this aluminum cup (on the outside, anyway).  Honestly, it was late so I resorted to a rough hatching for the inner portion of the cup.  I plan on going back to fix it.

 I also thought it would look cool to outline the glare on the front of the cup....I think I was wrong :(




Spheres are always great for shadow studies, or in this case, eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment