Tuesday, January 18, 2011

new header? why not...

I tried thinking about what could possibly represent something as broad as my "essence" as a designer.  I started thinking that this something should be a type of drawing which I have done nearly as long as my drawing career and have continued finding ways of improving upon it even after all this time.  My first thought was literally, "hand!".  Around the time the other kids were doing turkey drawings, palms face down, I remember trying to draw it more accurately. Back then, I failed miserably.  In 6th grade, I was thrilled when I first managed a decent hand, only because, it looked so awesome on my drawings of Dragonball Z characters.  Now, I can crank out hands in just about any style.  So yeah, if I had to come up with something that identifies myself as a designer, it wouldn't be the idea of the hand, rather the process I've gone through trying to accurately depict the hand.  This  can easily translate when it comes to the process of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment