Tuesday, September 20, 2011

blog that 2

 I started with this image shown on the right.  I really felt that the background is too distracting, given the sculpture, so I decided to completely eliminate the treeline, sky, and grass.

After tedious lasso work, I was left me only with the focus of the original photograph: the sculpture and a couple of classmates.  With the filters, angled strokes and cross-hatching, I stylized both, creating the dynamic rendering shown below. Once I had the main subject matter done properly, I felt that scale figures in my rendering were positioned awkwardly.  I invoked artistic license, yet again, and moved the Jepperson figure off to the right, emphasizing the negative space underneath the structure.

I am a fan of the final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment