Thursday, September 29, 2011

blog that 3

My first thought for presentations was to pick an architectural aspect of one of the three exhibits that I visited and base my talk around that.  However, I realized that everyone would be doing something similar (which isn't too strange considering our major..).  I then thought about the actual paintings and works within the museum walls.  They are a huge part of what gives an exhibit life, beyond the calculated quality of architecture.  In this way, they are integral to the architecture itself.  I was the 6th speaker on presentation day, following Monica.  I felt very confident in front of the audience so most of my talk came across very natural, as if it were a one-on-one conversation.  I definitely provided the context for the pieces of art I discussed.  Unfortunately, I cut
my talk short, as I blundered to a halt without a proper conclusion.

I did not visit the Speaking Center before I spoke.  Honestly, speaking has never been an issue for me.  It's something I've had to do many times growing up.  Even the representative wasn't much use for me.  Most of the things she talked about were things that I'd picked up some place or another.  Really, one of the only things that needs major improvement is my ending.  I got excited that the end was so close, said something 'bastardized pop culture' and passed the buck to Jon.  It will be fixed by the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment